They are simple phrases. They sound Christian–like something you might find in the Bible. We’ve all heard these words. Maybe we’ve said them. They capture some element of truth, yet they miss the point in important ways.
Join Adam Hamilton in searching for the whole truth by comparing common Christian clichEs to the message and ministry of Jesus. The clichEs include:
- Everything happens for a reason.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- God won’t give you more than you can handle.
- God said it, I believe it, that settles it.
- Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Half Truths is also part of a small-group experience complete that includes a DVD, Leader Guide, and a youth study.